The Avangate system enables you to bundle your products together and offer superior deals to customers, when compared to purchasing standalone items. Essentially, a bundle acts as a parent entity to multiple child products.
Bundles are available for all Avangate vendors.
In order to create a bundle you need to have added/imported at least two (2) active products in the Avangate system.
To set up a bundle, first make sure that you create or import at least two standalone products into the Avangate system, and that they're both active (available for purchase). Then follow these steps:
When opting to use this setting, note that the Avangate system will ignore all per-product configurations and will fulfill/deliver orders taking into account only to the fulfillment options valid for the bundle. Make sure that the bundle fulfillment configuration covers all child products.
- Navigate to Products, under Setup and click Add product.
- Enter the bundle's name, and under Product type, select the Bundle option.
- Next, select at least two (2) of your available, standalone, active products (children) and add them to the bundle (parent entity) you just created.
- It's mandatory to select the default currency for the bundle as well as set up pricing. You can also configure additional settings such as product code, version model, marketing details, images, additional order fields, etc. When you're done personalizing your bundle, scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Add product button.
- Make your way to the Pricing tab and either edit the exiting pricing configuration or create a new one to fine tune the pricing strategy for the bundle.
- Under the Fulfillment tab, you can configure how orders containing the bundle will be fulfilled/delivered. Two options are available:
- Use the fulfillment content & methods of each product in the bundle - Fulfillment for the products included in the bundle will be handled exactly the same as if they were purchased as standalone offerings. Essentially, fulfillment/delivery is done according to per-product configuration.
- Avangate fulfillment for bundle product (binary keys, activation codes, Backup Media, product file, DIS) - You can configure bundle fulfillment options that will override per-product configuration. When choosing the Avangate fulfillment for bundle products, the Avangate system will deal with the delivery of:
- Electronic code / key / binary file
- Product file download link
- Backup media (CD/DVD)
- DIS (Download insurance service)
- Instant delivery (in the Thank you page)
- Click on the Renewal tab to define the renewal process for the bundle. Two (2) options are available:
- Create subscription settings for bundle product - this enables the Avangate system to generate a single subscription that will govern all products/services part of the bundle.
- Renewal: The Avangate system will subsequently ignore per-product configurations when renewing the bundle subscription for customers.
- Refunds: When refunding the full or partial costs of the bundle acquisition, you can opt to have the bundle subscription cancelled or leave it active.
- Expiration/Cancelation: If you cancel the bundle subscription or if it expired, customers will no longer be able to use the products that they acquired as part of the bundle.
- Use the subscription settings of each product in the bundle - subscriptions are generated for every product/service in the bundle as if they were purchased as standalone offerings. When this option is selected, the bundle settings impact exclusively the initial purchased made by customers, after which, the bundle becomes irrelevant for future renewals of the subscriptions sold. Following the initial acquisition, subscriptions will be renewed and fulfilled according to their respective per-product configurations, with the Avangate system treating them as if they were purchased as individual products and not part of a bundle.
- Renewals and expirations/cancelations impact the standalone subscriptions generated for each product included in the bundle.
- Refunds: When refunding the full or partial costs of the bundle acquisition, you can opt to have the standalone subscriptions canceled or leave them active, individually.
Mapping pricing options between the bundle and the child products
At this point in time the Avangate system does not support mapping pricing options between the parent bundle and the child products. Current behavior:
1. Use the subscription settings of each product in the bundle - For the initial purchase, customers can select specific pricing options for the bundle, but not for the individual products. Avangate generates the subscriptions for the bundled child products using the default, per-product pricing options, namely the preselected option of a Required pricing options group, if any. Avangate then uses these options for future renewals, as long as they're still configured for the product for which it generated the subscription.
2. Create subscription settings for bundle product - shoppers can select specific pricing options for the bundle during the initial purchase. Shoppers cannot choose the options of the individual child products. Avangate renews the standalone subscription all bundled child products according to the pricing options configuration of the parent bundle, while taking into account the initial purchase details. Essentially, the Avangate system preserves the options selected by shoppers during the initial purchase process for all renewals, as long as the product's pricing configuration still features them.
Otherwise, for the renewal process, Avangate uses the default pricing options, namely the preselected option of a Required pricing options group, if any.
Edit bundle information, pricing, fulfillment and renewal settings
Bundled products are governed by a single parent-level subscription: Any changes to the bundle information as well as pricing, fulfillment and renewal settings impacts future purchases, including renewal orders, provided that the renewal configuration used is Create subscription settings for bundle product.
Disabling such a bundle results in the expiration of all subscriptions.
Individual subscriptions are created for standalone bundled products: Any changes to the bundle information as well as pricing, fulfillment and renewal settings impacts future purchases. Renewals of subscriptions for bundles already purchased are impacted by settings at child product-level, and not those per-bundle.
Disabling such a bundle will not impact existing subscriptions, unless the products they're associated with are also disabled.
Edit bundle products
Edit bundle products by navigating to the Bundle Options tab. You can add more products to the bundle, remove some of those added in the past, or both. Changes to child products will impact only:
- New purchases (all acquisitions will feature the updated products in the bundle)
- Subscription renewals (detailed below)
Individual subscriptions created for standalone bundled products
Changes to bundle contents won't impact the renewal process of existing subscriptions. All subscriptions already sold to customers continue to renew according to per-product settings, regardless of changes to the contents of the parent bundle.
Create subscription settings for bundle product
Subscription renewals done after the bundle contents are updated feature the new products.
Promotions, Upsell and Cross-sell
Bundles behave similar to standalone products when it comes to promotions, upsell and cross-sell campaigns.
Avangate sends out LCNs out depending on the renewal settings of the bundle:
Create subscription settings for bundle product: Avangate generates a single LCN.
Use the subscription settings of each product in the bundle: Avangate generates multiple LCNs for each respective subscription associated with the child products included in the bundle.
IPN (Instant Payment Notifications)
IPN notifications for bundle products behave the same as for any other regular product.
For setting the IPN script, go to the System settings section : https://secure.avangate.com/cpanel/ipn_settings.php
IPN settings specific to a product bundle are:
- IPN_BUNDLE_DETAILS : array with information on products included in the bundle, including IDs, names, codes, quantity, SKUs, product groups, and product group names.
- IPN_BUNDLE_DELIVEREDCODES: represents delivery information for each product included in the bundle.
ISE (Instant Order Search Export) for bundles
The export files (CVS or XML) generated using ISE contain the same information available in the Order Search Export, with the data included depending on the renewal settings of the bundle:
Create subscription settings for bundle product: In this case details are at bundle level:
- Concatenated fulfillment/delivery keys/codes
- Avangate includes subscription information for the bundle
Use the subscription settings of each product in the bundle: In this case details are also at bundle level:
- Fulfillment/delivery keys/codes are concatenated
- The information for the subscriptions created for each bundled child product is not provided
Use IRN to issue:
- Total refunds for bundles: Repay the entire costs of the order used by a customer to purchase the bundle.
- Partial refunds for bundles: Issue partial refunds for bundles only in scenarios in which shoppers purchased multiple units of the bundle. For example, if Customer A acquired 2 units of Bundle A for $1,000, you can repay $500 for 1 unit of the bundle. However, you won't be able to issue partial refunds unless they match exactly the sum paid by the customer per unit of bundle.
When issuing total or partial refunds you also have the option of cancelling the bundle parent level subscription or the child-level subscriptions generated. If this option is selected subscriptions will be disabled immediately after the refund is processed by the Avangate system.
When issuing a total or a partial refund for an order, you have the options of:
- Cancelling the bundle parent level subscription or the child-level subscriptions generated. If you select this option Avangate disables subscriptions immediately after processing the refund.
- Stopping automatic billing for the bundle parent level subscription or the child-level subscriptions generated. When you select this option subscriptions remain active and in use until their renewal deadline, when they'll expire. Shoppers can still manually renew their subscriptions if they choose to.
Upgrades involving bundles are not supported.
Avangate sends out emails depending on bundle settings:
- According to global or per-bundle renewal settings if the bundled child products are governed by a parent-level bundle subscription.
- According to global or per-product renewal settings if subscriptions are generated for each child product included in the bundle.
Avangate sends out fulfillment/delivery notifications to shoppers according to the bundle fulfillment settings:
- Use the fulfillment content & methods of each product in the bundle - Shoppers receive emails for each product in the bundle.
- Avangate fulfillment for bundle product (binary keys, activation codes, Backup Media, product file, DIS) - Shoppers receive a single email.
Can I offer trials for bundles?
Trials for bundles are not supported.
Can I offer bundles to my partners/resellers?
Your partners can acquire bundles from you. Avangate generates subscriptions based on the renewal and delivery settings of the bundled product.
- If you configure the bundled product to use the renewal and fulfillment settings of each product in the bundle, Avangate creates standalone subscriptions for each of the bundle components. Renewal and fulfillment (if applicable) are, therefore, made individually for each of them.
- If you configure the bundled product to have bundle level renewal and fulfillment settings, Avangate creates one single subscription for the entire bundle. Fulfillment (if applicable) and renewal are made at bundle level.
What can bundles contain?
Bundles can be created using any type of standalone product. You won't be able to create bundles using other bundles, Download Software Insurance, Backup Media, etc.
Can I disable bundles?
Disable bundles by navigating to the Information tab, selecting the No option for Product enabled, scrolling down to the bottom of the page and hitting Save. The result of the disabling action differs according to the bundle renewal settings:
- Create subscription settings for bundle product - Existing subscriptions continue to work until they expire - Avangate won't renew them.
- Use the subscription settings of each product in the bundle - Existing subscriptions continue to work and Avangate renews them according to per-product settings.
Can I use usage billing with bundles?
This functionality is not supported.
Can bundles be imported using the product import feature?
This functionality is not supported.
How will shoppers receive activation keys for product bundles?
You can associate a product bundle with a static/ dynamic key list, same as you do with any other product, in which case shoppers receive a set of keys for one product only – the product bundle. If you do not specifically associate the product bundle to a key list, shoppers receive two (or more) sets of keys, one for each product included of the bundle.
What kind of notifications will shoppers receive in case of a product bundle?
Shoppers receive the same notification emails as in the case of a regular product purchase. If keys need to be delivered for each bundled product, Avangate sneds all sets of keys as usual in separate email messages, one for each product in the order.