Customize the out-of-the-box shopping cart templates offered by Avangate and create completely personalized designs of the interface your customers use during their purchase.
Important: Saved template customizations have immediate effect on the shopping cart design.
All Avangate accounts.
How to add a cart/checkout template
- Go to Setup -> Interface templates.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Add to draft templates on the template that you want to use.
Customize a cart/checkout template
- Identify the item you want to customize from those added to the Draft templates area
- Click Edit.
By default, the English template is used for all languages if you did not define any localized templates. You can change this in two ways:
- Click the links available for each language and add/edit the template for that specific language.
- Check the check boxes next to the languages you want to save a copy of the default template for. Subsequently, you can click on each language and edit the specific copy of the default template for that language as a standalone item.
Use a custom template on a different website
If you generate sales from a different website and you want to include that address in the emails the Avangate system sends to the shoppers, enable the Define the URL to be included in the notifications to customers as the sale source option and enter the address of the website in the dedicated field.
In addition to customizing the CSS and JS files, you can also edit the following:
- Doctype declaration
- Page title
- META & CSS
- HTML code
Click Save after you’re done making inline changes
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button. The Save with comments button is designed to allow you to add observations to a custom template.
Click Save after you’re done making changes