Set up A/B testing campaigns for shopping cart templates to identify the best converting template.
Requirements & limitations
Parameters sent through buy links will overwrite campaigns variables. The A/B testing campaigns will not trigger if the buy link contains a parameter that overwrites an experiment variable.
When generating buy links in the platform via the Generate Links section, you'll notice that selecting a specific order template from the additional options area adds an extra parameter in the URL such as: &ORDERSTYLE=nLW45ZS5kH4=
When links with ORDERSTYLE parameters are used, they override A/B testing campaign variables. While shoppers will be able to complete the purchase without any issues, their order will not be registered as a part of the Shopping Cart Templates A/B test.
What you need to do is to make sure that the links used point directly to https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php.
For example, if the link you generated for a product looks like this:
https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=1234567&QTY=1&CART=1&ORDERSTYLE=nLW0npaphH4=, then remove&ORDERSTYLE=nLW0npaphH4= to make sure that customers using the link to order will provide data for the Shopping Cart Templates A/B test. In this case, you would need to use this link:
When the shopper places the order, the test is considered successful regardless of the order or payment status.
- Go to the A/B Testing page and click the Overview tab.
- Click New campaign in the Shopping cart templates section. If you already have an unfinished campaign, click Edit.
- Fill in the details of the new campaign, such as the campaign name, maximum number of tests and the date when the campaign should end.
- Add the test variations by allocating traffic to each of them and selecting the desired cart template from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add variation.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have used the entire available traffic.
- Click Save campaign.
- Go back to the Overview tab and click Start Campaign when you want the campaign to begin.