Avangate automatically sends out the electronic delivery and payment receipt email to both provide shoppers with confirmation and details on their payment and to fulfill orders - delivering binary keys, activation codes, Backup Media, Download Software Insurance details or product files to your shoppers.
As of July 13th, 2016, you can use a redesigned template complete with fresh content. The new template has replaced the previous electronic delivery and payment receipt email, but any customization you have in place, either in terms of styling or content, continues to be available.
All Avangate accounts.
What is the purpose of this email?
For the default email communications setup, Avangate blends the payment receipt and electronic delivery emails into a single notification. Avangate sends the electronic delivery and payment receipt email if your account uses the default shopper communications setup, for those products where you set fulfillment to be performed through Avangate delivery.
Depending on what actions need to be performed by your clients in order to receive access to your products, the email includes one or several of the following:
- Product/Subscription plan information.
- Activation keys/codes accompanied by short descriptions.
- Downloadable product files, backup media and download insurance service.
- Payment receipt with information on the payment method, ordered products, quantities, unit prices, taxes and total amount.
- Billing/Delivery Information.
- Cross-sell products (provided you have an active cross-sell campaign set to also be displayed in the payment receipt email).
- Technical and payment support contact details.
Is this the only email my shoppers receive after placing an order?
Avangate can send the electronic delivery email either standalone or combined with the payment receipt notification (in one single email).
Depending on your account's setup, for each order containing at least one product configured with Avangate delivery your shoppers can receive:
- Default: one email containing both the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages.
- Two email notifications: the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately.
- Three email notifications: an order confirmation email, plus the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately.
Contact Avangate to change your default configuration if you find another setup better suited for your customers.
Preview and test email
Navigate to the Email template manager section to:
· Preview and test current templates for emails sent to your shoppers.
· Customize the header and the footer sections by creating custom templates you can assign to one or several of your emails.
Access the electronic delivery and payment receipt email under the Order section. You can access this email only if your account uses the default shopper emails communication setup that blends together the electronic delivery and the payment emails.
Why don't I see the new template for this email?
The redesigned template for the electronic delivery and payment receipt email has automatically replaced default templates.
If your preview of electronic delivery and payment receipt email does not show the new template, you're most probably using a customized version that includes content and/or styling your company requested at a certain point in time.
You are more than welcome to compare the above sample to your current template and send us an email if you decide the new one suits your business needs better. We will happily work with you on the switch.