WeChat Pay is an online payment method that allows shoppers in China and Hong Kong to send payments through the WeChat social media mobile applications.
All Avangate accounts.
Shoppers must have the WeChat application installed on their Android or iOS devices.
Amex Express Checkout enhances the checkout experience through multiple optimizations:
- Convenient, easy and safe. Simplified purchase flow designed for mobile payments and safe storage for cards used within the wallet.
- Increased market share. Used by hundreds of millions of users every day, WeChat Pay is one of the most popular payment methods in China.
- Higher conversion rates. Convert more Chinese visitors into buyers.
Go to Payment methods and enable WeChat Pay.
- Shoppers select China or Hong Kong in the shopping cart.
- They place the order.
- Avangate displays the QR code that shoppers need to scan.
- Shoppers use their WeChat application to scan the QR code.
- Avangate marks the order as Pending until shoppers place the order.
- Shoppers place the order and the WeChat application confirms the payment.
- Avangate marks the order as complete as soon as WeChat sends back an Instant Payment Notification.
- Shoppers receive the Payment receipt and Electronic delivery emails from Avangate.
Note: You can configure unfinished payment follow-up emails from the Control Panel.
WeChat Pay does not support recurring transactions, so subscription renewals can only be done manually.