UnionPay is a payment method available worldwide, very popular in China, Macau, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as other APAC countries. Supported currencies: CNY, USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, CHF, JPY, PLN, SEK, RUB, BRL, ZAR.
- Consumers place orders and choose to pay with UnionPay.
- Consumers are redirected to UnionPay and select their preferred authentication method
- UnionPay submits the authorization request to Avangate.
- The issuer provides feedback with the result of the transaction to UnionPay. When a transaction is successful the funds are transferred to UnionPay.
- UnionPay provides feedback with the result of the transaction to an intermediary payment processor.
- The payment process provides feedback with the result of the transaction to the Avangate.
- UnionPay provides reporting to the payment processor.
- The payment processor settles the funds directly into Avangate's local bank account, issues reports and invoices.
- What email does Avangate send to shoppers to confirm orders?
- Avangate send emails similar to those used for the Wire transfer process, treating UnionPay as an offline payment method (not instantaneous).
- Does Avangate send follow-up emails for unfinished payments with UnionPay?
- Avangate sends the same type of emails as it does for other offline payment methods: Bank/Wire transfer, Boleto Bancario, Konbini, CashU, Giropay. The first email is sent 7 days after shoppers place their order.
- How long does Avangate try to collect funds for an unfinished payment?
- Avangate performs daily, successive tries to collect funds for orders placed using UnionPay as a payment method for 30 days.