The Avangate platform supports time zones and Daylight Saving Time corrections when reporting the date and time. Time zone support enables you to gain better insight into the performance of your business operations correlating it with your preferred time zone, or the one that best matches your geographical location.
Avangate date-time stamps:
- GMT+02:00 by default;
- The time zone you set using Account settings.
The Avangate platform enables you to control the Time zone for:
- The Control Panel
- The Avangate API
Note: The Time zones set for the Control Panel and for the API can coincide, but at the same time they can be different, since they work independent of one another. For example, you can set GMT-8 if you're on Pacific Time for the Control Panel, and GMT-6 for Central America for the API.
Changing the Time zones in the Avangate platform impacts the way in which the system reports:
- the date and time of orders placed by your customers and partners;
- when placing partner orders;
- subscriptions generated by the system;
- changes happening through the lifetime of subscriptions;
- delivery confirmations;
Note: Avangate corrects for Daylight Saving Time. The date and time information can vary through the inclusion of Daylight Savings depending on your country and the period of the year.
In addition, date and time info sent through IPN (Instant Payment Notification) and LCN (License Change Notification) will also adapt to reflect the time zone you opt to use for the Avangate API.
- Accounting area - All Accounting data recorded and provided by the Avangate platform uses the system's default GMT+02:00 time zone and cannot be changed. The accounting reports, emails you receive from Avangate, the Accounting area in the Control Panel, invoices, Product overview, Orders overview and Products report will display the GMT+02:00 time zone of Avangate's system.
- Bonus programs for Avangate affiliates use the default GMT+02:00 time zone.
- The Avangate sales reports use default GMT+02:00 time zone.
- Parts of the Avangate API not related to IPN and LCN.
Time zone setup
To set up or change time zones in the Avangate platform for your account, navigate to Account settings, and in the System settings area, click on the Edit system settings button at the bottom of the page.
By default, the Control Panel uses the (GMT+02:00) Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul time zone to display the date, to which Daylight Saving might apply, depending on country and period of the year. Using the dropdown menus, you can change the Control Panel display time zones in order & customers related areas (Order Search, Customers, Delivery Confirmations, Place Partner Order and Partner Refunds) and the time zoned used in the Avangate APIs for IPN (Instant Payment Notification) and LCN (License Change Notification).
Displaying time zone details
When you select a time zone it is displayed throughout the Control Panel, but Daylight Saving Time corrections will only be made for the actual date and time.
This means that if you select GMT + 01:00, when the associated offset increases to GMT + 02:00 because of Daylight Savings, the date and time reported by the system will change accordingly, even though GMT + 01:00 will appear per your settings.
The time zone is also displayed on the Dashboard (home page of the Control Panel) under the Latest orders area. In addition, when editing the details of a subscription, time zone information will also be displayed.
Avangate API time zones
Avangate sends out datetime stamps in the following situations:
- By default for every LCN (License Change Notification). This behavior cannot be switched off.
- For IPN (Instant Payment Notification) but only if under IPN settings you check the TIMEZONE_OFFSET option in the notification details area.
LCN - TIMEZONE_OFFSET: The time zone you selected or the default GMT+02:00 time zone of the Avangate system.
IDN_DATE - If you changed the time zone for the Avangate API by editing system settings under Account settings, then the IDN_DATE will be calculated according to your custom configuration. Avangate will use your custom set time zone for the IDN_DATE when calculating the HASH, and it's important that you also use the same datetime stamp, also per the custom time zone.
IRN_DATE - If you changed the time zone for the Avangate API by editing system settings under Account settings, then the IRN_DATE will be calculated according to your custom configuration. Avangate will use your custom set time zone for the IRN_DATE when calculating the HASH, and it's important that you also use the same datetime stamp, also per the custom time zone.
Electronic delivery - TIMEZONE: The time zone you selected or the default GMT+02:00 time zone of the Avangate system.
Will changing the time zone prolong or shorten the lifetime of subscriptions sold?
No. Changing the time zone has no impact on the lifecycle of subscriptions you already sold and are used by your customers. Only the datetime stamps reported by the Avangate system vary when swapping one time zone for another. Similarly, changing time zones will not impact renewals or expiration deadlines, for example.
Some orders just placed appear with datetime stamps in the future or in the past. How is this possible?
Such discrepancies occur only in scenarios in which you opted to set a time zone different than the one specific to your geographical location.
If you're based in the UK but use (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna instead of (GMT+00:00) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London, then orders your customers place between 11:00 PM and 12:00 AM (UK time) are reported as being placed the next day.
Similarly, if you're based in the UK but instead of using (GMT+00:00) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London, you change the time zone settings in the Avangate Control Panel to (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada), orders your customers place after 12:00 AM are reported as being placed the previous day.
Available time zones
- (GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
- (GMT-10:00) Hawaii
- (GMT-09:00) Alaska
- (GMT-08:00) Tijuana, Baja California
- (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
- (GMT-07:00) Chihuahua, La Paz, Mazatlan - Old
- (GMT-07:00) Chihuahua, La Paz, Mazatlan - New
- (GMT-07:00) Arizona
- (GMT-06:00) Saskatchewan
- (GMT-06:00) Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey - Old
- (GMT-06:00) Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey - New
- (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
- (GMT-06:00) Central America
- (GMT-05:00) Indiana (East)
- (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- (GMT-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Branco
- (GMT-04:30) Caracas
- (GMT-04:00) Santiago
- (GMT-04:00) Manaus
- (GMT-04:00) La Paz
- (GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
- (GMT-03:30) Newfoundland
- (GMT-03:00) Montevideo
- (GMT-03:00) Greenland
- (GMT-03:00) Georgetown
- (GMT-03:00) Buenos Aires
- (GMT-03:00) Brasilia
- (GMT-02:00) Mid-Atlantic
- (GMT-01:00) Cape Verde Is.
- (GMT-01:00) Azores
- UTC (this option will only appear in the drop down menu for the Avangate API time zone selection)
- (GMT+00:00) Casablanca
- (GMT+00:00) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
- (GMT+00:00) Monrovia, Reykjavik
- (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
- (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague
- (GMT+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
- (GMT+01:00) Sarajevo, Skopje, Warsaw, Zagreb
- (GMT+01:00) West Central Africa
- (GMT+02:00) Amman
- (GMT+02:00) Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul
- (GMT+02:00) Beirut
- (GMT+02:00) Cairo
- (GMT+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
- (GMT+02:00) Helsinki, Kyiv, Riga, Sofia, Tallinn, Vilnius
- (GMT+02:00) Jerusalem
- (GMT+02:00) Minsk
- (GMT+02:00) Windhoek
- (GMT+03:00) Baghdad
- (GMT+03:00) Kuwait, Riyadh
- (GMT+03:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd
- (GMT+03:00) Nairobi
- (GMT+03:00) Tbilisi
- (GMT+03:30) Tehran
- (GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat
- (GMT+04:00) Baku
- (GMT+04:00) Caucasus Standard Time
- (GMT+04:00) Port Louis
- (GMT+04:00) Yerevan
- (GMT+04:30) Kabul
- (GMT+05:00) Ekaterinburg
- (GMT+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi
- (GMT+05:00) Tashkent
- (GMT+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
- (GMT+05:30) Sri Jayawardenepura
- (GMT+05:45) Kathmandu
- (GMT+06:00) Almaty, Novosibirsk
- (GMT+06:00) Astana, Dhaka
- (GMT+06:30) Yangon (Rangoon)
- (GMT+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
- (GMT+07:00) Krasnoyarsk
- (GMT+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi
- (GMT+08:00) Irkutsk, Ulaan Bataar
- (GMT+08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
- (GMT+08:00) Perth
- (GMT+08:00) Taipei
- (GMT+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
- (GMT+09:00) Seoul
- (GMT+09:00) Yakutsk
- (GMT+09:30) Adelaide
- (GMT+09:30) Darwin
- (GMT+10:00) Brisbane
- (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
- (GMT+10:00) Guam, Port Moresby
- (GMT+10:00) Hobart
- (GMT+10:00) Vladivostok
- (GMT+11:00) Magadan, Solomon Is., New Caledonia
- (GMT+12:00) Auckland, Wellington
- (GMT+12:00) Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshall Is.
- (GMT+13:00) Nuku'alofa